I have been a faithful reader of Vanity Fair magazine for over 20 years. I love the stories from photojournalists, from society writers about the trials and tribulations of the rich and powerful, and the tidbits of the way the media works in America. One of my favorite writers, Christopher Hitchens, died yesterday from complications of esophageal cancer at the age 62. I will miss his essays about the European and American elite. His biting wry humor and revelatory style were a pleasure to read. Rest in peace, Christopher.
- Always a Hitch: R.I.P Christopher Hitchens (dangerousminds.net)
- Christopher Hitchens: Remembering The Legendary Writer And Orator (huffingtonpost.com)
- Christopher Hitchens, 1949 – 2011 (sluggerotoole.com)
- Writer Christopher Hitchens dies (bbc.co.uk)
- British writer Christopher Hitchens dies: Vanity Fair (calgaryherald.com)